Friday, March 14, 2008

Love

God has been teaching Justin and I so much about what this God Love really means and how much it truly affects our life. This week in our small group we were discussing the sermon, life, and where we want to ask God to take us in our group. I couldn't help but be burdened about my attitude towards love. God has persistently reminded me that I do not love the way He loves and I don't want to love the way He loves so often. The passage in Luke states pray for those who abuse you. I don't know about you, but my prayer list and prayer session does not include this most of the time. I beg for those I love and I hurt with them, but when it comes to the other side of life... I think subconsciously I ask God, can you deal with them and when you change them I will be there. How audacious of me to say God I know you loved me in my junk, but I can't love them in theirs. How is getting the glory for that? People can say you are a lover of people, but who gets the credit. I want God to get the credit, so that means I need to ask Him to love the impossible, to bind me with the impossible, right? For most people that means a bad co-worker, an old friend gone wrong...but for me God has asked me clearly in His word, love those who abuse you..even if that person is a parent. May we have the courage to live His commands and do the impossible. I'm scared, what about you?

No comments: