Sunday, November 2, 2008

He is FAITHFUL.

I really struggle to believe this in my heart on a regular basis. The Lord provides, reveals, works, etc... and I forget it the next minute. Why is my head so thick? Why can I remember in my head, but my heart forgets?

This weekend, I truly believe that the Lord met me in a very personal way to this struggle. He showed me through prayer, through encouragement, and through works this weekend just how amazingly BIG AND FAITHFUL He is if we just WAIT. Now, if you have ever met me you know that the word WAIT and me tend to be an oxymoron, unless it is you waiting on me because I am late :( sorry about that :( But very recently I have felt this overwhelming desire to WAIT on a few things and just pray. One it is not natural and two to almost everyone around me it has seemed foolish. Haha...I love that word. Well, at times it felt foolish and at times I felt disobedient to my true self, but I waited.

God answered very specific prayers this weekend, that did not include me doing a single thing..except being present to watch Him work. God answered specific questions and a wrestle I have had with two very specific words of encouragement.

I am thankful and just overwhelmed that my God would chose me the dumb, foolish, unwise Brianna so that I may boast in the CROSS alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Enjoying your truthful posts.

Kim said...

queens of fools, we are...i love being foolish & weak :-) love love love!!