Sunday, October 10, 2010

Community: Oh how I love thee!

This week had enough "rough" things packed in before it even began, that as I sat on my bed Sunday night... I was just dead thinking about how I/Our families would survive any more weeks like this one (which there have been plenty of lately). However, the Lord used his people to turn what would have been a nightmare of a week into a beautiful testimony of his love, mercy, grace, and compassion on his people.

Much has been going on and this week it seemed like, everything just hit together at once... it was definitely more than we could bear..

As I shared prayer requests for the week with my community group and just asked them to intercede on behalf of our families, a beautiful thing happened. There was encouragement through prayers and the scriptures. Follow up emails on the situations. Our community here used their connections to where our families were to love on them with meals. I mean it truly was a beautiful thing to see how well they loved us. Some of them just meeting us for the first time and some of them only knowing us and never our family.

God allowed the community of believers to step in, so that we could be free to love our families without worry or added stress. He allowed each rough day to be covered in a bountiful blessing of prayer, encouragement, and support. It was his grace to allow us the company of his people and his grace to make the bad days better.

We are so thankful to see the fruit of obedient and loving servants, and we are so thankful for a God who so graciously provides.

No comments: