I have this saying on my phone, "Enough for today". It is from a recent sermon on the LORD'S prayer, basically summing it up to asking God for enough each day to honor His name. This has been my prayer in everything, but especially school. For those of you that know me well, it would not be an exaggeration to say that I am a highly organized, detailed, task oriented individual. School has just thrown me into a complete high level stress mode when it comes to this. I can't get everything done, I am not expected to get everything done..but I put this expectation on myself that I am a failure unless I meet all of the stated expectations. The Lord has been so gracious to me to place people there in my school who love Jesus that remind me that I just need to lay it down and do what He has called me to do.
So that I have this week. It has been more freeing, easy...no way...but good. I still have a ton to do this weekend, but I am letting go of the little things and especially in the classroom and clinging to the important things...education for my 5th graders and loving them like Jesus.
Today I was able to have a good worship time with the Lord before school, which set my heart in the right place. One of my kiddos told me He didn't have his homework.. "Do you have reason mr. NO NAME"...Mrs. G I don't have electricity so I can't do my work too late and this morning I couldn't find all my stuff in the dark before school. Awww it just hurt my heart..
Then quickly the to do list that is stressing me out left my mind and the love that this kid and many like him in my class needs to be the everpresent need and stressor. Am I praying for them that way that I am trying to get everything done? Do I think about them in my sleep and lay them down at the Lord or am I worrying about the emails I haven't responded to this week at work?
Love them like He would.
No comments:
Post a Comment