Thursday, August 28, 2008

A million miles an hour

Sorry for the lack of posting. I think I have started like 5 posts, but then remember all the OTHER things I SHOULD be doing for school and work on that. I am enjoying being a teacher. It has been a long month of training and orientation. I am loving getting to know my little 5th graders, well some of them are little. They are so eager and excited to be in intermediate school!!! Then I have a few that are upset about being retained from last year and I have been working to let them know that I am here to ensure their success. Its been a long week!!! Everyday feels like a week, yet it seems to have gone by so fast at the same time. Weird huh? My feet definitely hurt from standing on concrete all day.

Some things I have learned so far:
*I will feel unorganized for a while and I need to deal with that fact
*Kids say the funniest things
*Choices make my job easier
*Carpooling with a teacher and a believer is a great asset to this year
*I forget important things at really important times, like the 7 freaking continents.
*I need to learn more spanish than I know, especially teaching ESL
*The Lord will give me each day what I need for the day to Honor Him

I am DEFINITELY enjoying the new career. There are things I have to adjust to and I am on the biggest learning curve I think I have ever been on....BUT God has been so faithful to teach me through it.

What about you?

4 comments:

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

I'm so glad you updated! I have wanted to call you, but I think you have probably had an identical week to mine! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Here's one tidbit of advice I read: North America married South America and they went to Europe for their honeymoon. Then they had 4 children whose names began with "A"-Africa, Australia, Asia, Antarctica! Now you'll always remember! You're a great teacher!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited you are teaching! What an awesome place for you to be! What is Justin doing these days?

Angela said...

Spanish--Rosetta Stone...you might be able to find it for cheap on craig's list

emily bee said...

yay! thanks for the update, friend. i bet all your students have a crush on you.

steph, i LOVE the continent story. hehe!