Monday, August 18, 2008

Lovin'..its what I got!

So sorry It has been a while since I have posted. Seriously life has been going at like 150 miles an hour and I have just been hanging on for dear life. We have spent the past two weekends on mini mission trip like adventures working on our house in Lubbock to get it ready for new renters. In between the weekends going to work, training, and trying to get ready for a whole new career. Life has not stopped, slowed down, or even allowed for an intermission at this point. Do not be confused though, I am loving every minute of it...well, the new job at least maybe not the working on the house until all hours of the night.

With that said, I had the best time today at our school convocation. The speaker was just refreshing, amazing, and very real. You KNOW how I like real talk. It has had me thinking today about how much we judge a cover by a book. The thought of that just makes me mad! I remember as a kid hearing stats thrown out about certain kids from certain families or kids that suffer this or that and the chances that "those" kind of kids had at a life. All the while I was sitting there thinking, I am that "those kids" that they are talking about...why do I have to end up that way? I don't want to. With that seed planted and a few really amazing people in my life, I was built up to believe that I had a chance to overcome what I was set with in life. I choose NOT to live up to the expectation, but to change what I could and pray about what I couldn't. God granted me a lot of grace, a wonderful loving set of grandparents, teachers, and role models to do what I did not get from home. Not to say that my mother was not a good mom, we were just in hard circumstances.

I was just reminded today that I have the opportunity to be that person for some of my kids this year and it made my heart beat. To think that I thought God was crazy asking me to teach, that it wouldn't be something I could be passionate about. I was wrong, God knew exactly where He was taking me and He KNOWS already who is waiting to come to my class on August 25, 2008 to get some Jesus LOVE.

Who are you going to love?

1 comment:

The McDons said...

Good luck Brianna! I'm rooting for you, I know you will be great with your kiddos! You will be a light for those kids that need one, how exciting! Can't wait to hear how everything goes. :)