We are children of the living God. Wow!! I know that alone should leave us breathless. This weekend our church spoke about how we as followers of Christ expect Good things to occur to us because we feel we deserve, earned, need, fill in the blank..them. If we don't outright say that we believe it with our hearts and display it in our actions. Example: Lose your job.. First month) God will take care of us. Month 3)God how are you going to take care of us Month4) Why aren't you taking care of us Month 6) Anger occurs. (Stolen example from Matt C or shared however you look at it.)
So this really got me thinking, because frankly Justin and I are in that phase right now. Like God didn't we obey you, isn't this the decision you called us to.. so therefore shouldn't you take care of us. Now, not until recently has this prideful we are owed good attitude revealed itself. In this God is choosing to use our lives to bring us closer to Him and to teach those around us. God has revealed to me that I am being bitter or upset about how He is choosing to use me. Ouch. I don't want to pick and choose the ways to be obedient to Him and to be a vessel. Thank God that His mercies are new every morning and that we can taste and drink from Him deeply.
So, what have I learned so far?
- Community is essential and all that stuff He says about it matters and it is for our good. So like He says Don't forsake meeting, its helpful.
- Asking for Help or admitting your weak is helpful in building up the body and becoming closer to our dear Lord.
- God uses our life in ways we don't see and don't like.
- Everything is His mercy, so dig deep and take it in.
- I am a prideful, scared little chicken of a christian.
- His grace never ever ever lessens and I am a Child of the living God. It is as if He wrote on the sand Himself, "I love you Brianna" (tear)
1 comment:
very well said!
Post a Comment