Do you guys remember learning the alphabet song? Do you remember all the rules that went along with learning the alphabet and putting those letters to words?
I didn't! This week I have begun my training to begin teaching this year. I am currently going through a reading/phonics training. This training has to cover what kids need to know about language in order to read starting at Kindergarten and moving all the way up to 6th grade. I have learned a lot of things already that I knew by practice, but not by definition or heart. What I mean is this..Have you ever done something strictly because you knew it was what was supposed to be done and not really because you knew why or even cared? Well, that is kind of what thinking back on reading is for me.. I don't know how I learned how to read, I just know I can read now.
God has shown me through this that there are things about Him AND His word that I treat the same way. Maybe I haven't taken the time to investigate why or I know what the "rule" is I just don't live it, believe it, breathe it. I may know that I should love my neighbor, but do I know why..do I look at what else around the text tells me about the results and consequences of choosing to do so or not?
Do you do that? Do we all get in this robotic phase about things? What would it look like if we were truly alive and resided in the those principles?
I know when it comes to phonics that we would have more graduates and higher brain activity, but our spiritual development, isn't that important too?

1 comment:
Hey Brianna! How's school going so far, ready for some kids yet? Where are you teaching? Good luck with everything!
Laura
Post a Comment