'O_______, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem ________ from all his inquities." Psalm 130:7-8
Full redemption. This psalm has been a life breathing word of God for me the past couple of weeks. It has been my battle weapon against the father of lies, who is so quick to remind me of my failures, faults, and short-comings. God almighty, our father, has given us FULL redemption through His son Jesus Christ. Now that is worth all of our attention. We place our HOPE in God's word and what he says about forgiveness and confession. We seek his truth and not the lies. We can fully expect God to work in our circumstances, to redeem us.
I am not one to typically position myself in expectation, I typically am the one that hides when I am shamed or hangs my head low. This psalm says that He waited for the Lord MORE than watchmen wait for the morning. He petitioned the Lord and then expectantly waited to RECEIVE from the Lord.
I love this psalm because it reminds us of the Lord's unfailing love for us. He reminds us that He hears our cries for mercy. He leans in to embrace us in our filth and loves us so.
Walk in hope and freedom my friend, the Lord's love is steadfast and His redemption is FULL!
No comments:
Post a Comment