Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
I Timothy 4:6-16
Colossians 3:16 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God"
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."
Luke 12:49-53
vs 51-53"Do you think that I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division. For from now on in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law."
John 15:19 "If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own, but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
These are verses that the Lord is pressing on me very closely in the recent days. I think I had this fairy tale of being bold in the word and people just responded in excited wonder of How great our loving God is and follow him. However, it is quickly coming to me attention that it is indeed the opposite. Now, not always just my experiences as of late. When I cried out to the Lord, it was like this rock hit me that said "Brianna dear, I didn't say it would be a bed of roses, I told you clearly just as they did not love me, they will not love you... but you must proclaim my word, obey."
Man, these verses just bring me to tears. His goodness, His love, His mercy... He called me, choose me, opened my heart to hear from Him. But how it hurts my heart, pains me...to think how my heart has been hardened to his word in the past. How I have hated his discipline. (Prolly will in the future too.) But more than that, to watch people I love be hardened to his word. To see this division first hand. I feel conflicted at times in all honesty, because I just want to have that friendship, or that relationship with that family member, but then I read the word and it reminds me that we must not cease in preaching the gospel to ourselves and to others.
Please pray that I would be bold in sharing his word and I will pray you do the same for his glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment