Sunday, January 24, 2010

Intentional

Being intentional, what does that mean really? I think this question in my head often. Recently it has really been a word that just won't escape my thought process or my bible reading. I have been reminded so clearly that we are not just where we are randomly or by our own thought/design, but the Lord great in His mercy choose to place use here. To use wherever we are and whatever we are doing to bring Him glory.

I was reading in Genesis recently and the story of Joseph is just such a beautiful picture of being intentional. Joseph took whatever "circumstance" he was placed in good or bad, and handed it over to God. He didn't take his success for granted or wallow in his hardship...he gave it back to the Lord. Genesis says the Lord was with Joseph and whatever he did, the Lord made it succeed. When people tried to puff him up, he put it back..."It is not in me, but God will give it."

Whatever circumstance you are in right now...whether you are in mighty power with the Pharaoh or you are stuck in prison....God will use it, for his glory and your good. Trust me that God is bigger than the most terrible of our circumstances.

Pray that I would believe this and live this way through the strength of the Lord.. I am praying the same thing for you.

No comments: