For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. Romans 15:4-7
Over and Over I have been reminded that our encouragement, strength, and hope come from the word of God. We can encourage one another, we can pray for one another, and we can discipline one another through the word of God.
Recently I have experienced this first hand over and over. God has been so gracious to send me His word through people in my life at the exact right time, but it hasn't been soft encouragement....but deep soul refreshing relief.
I am challenged to remember that I do not have to have the write words to say, because God's word has everything we need for endurance and encouragement. I do not have to have the right words to pray, because God's word is full of promises, prayers, and words to fill in those gaps.
I am thankful for the people in my life that have been the reminders of God eternal encouragement, His word. Who do you need to encourage?
No comments:
Post a Comment