Saturday, May 22, 2010

Unite my heart

In thinking and praying about my identity being found in Christ alone, I come across one of my old memory verses.

Psalm 86:11 says "Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name"


This is my prayer right now, an undivided heart. Anything that is fighting for my ultimate affections to become worthless in sight of God. Undivided against distractions. Undivided against worldly possessions, power, security, and status. Undivided against good things like books, study, community, and discipleship. Undivided against legalism.

I am praying for pure passion to strive after the heart of God and to stay unblocked with my own heart. It's a scary thing, being that vulnerable, opening that door, opening that hand, and saying take it. (Well, for me it is)

Praying for you brothers and sisters that you will ask God to give you an undivided heart. Love ya!

No comments: