Monday, May 24, 2010

Beach Walking

Friday night, Justin and I went on a double date with our good friends Zack and Kim. We had a good time at the Star Cinema (which is basically a place to watch a movie, eat dinner, and only lets kids in that are accompanied by adults). We saw good ole' Shrek 4, funny!

After our date, we dropped our friends at home but Justin and I both weren't ready to go home yet. Mainly because we knew that we would immediately fall asleep and the heavy movie food still lingered in our tummies. So, we made a whim of a trip to the beach. Now, we live close to G-town...but not so close that it isn't considered a trek or an actual trip. I mean it is over an hour round trip :)

We drove down to the beach after 10pm, just to be somewhere peaceful. We wanted to get away from the hussle of the city or burbs, we wanted to get away from traffic, smog, etc.

We walked up and down the beach, hearing nothing but the wind and waves crashing. Nothing to look at but the white caps in the ocean and the beautiful stars in the sky. It brought JOY to my heart deep down. We walked out on this rock pier and just stood in the middle of the ocean on these rocks, where you literally couldn't hear anything but waves crashing and it was absolutely beautiful.

Why am I telling you this? Well, I believe our souls need those beach walks at times. I don't mean it has to be a beach, but we need those places we can get to where we are not distracted by anything else, no media, no technology, no buzz noise, nothing but you and God. I felt more refreshed then I have in a long time. I now know why my soul longed for those times when I could just drive into open country in Lubbock, stare at the stars and sing to my maker.

What is your beach walk? Do you need to take one? Make time to get away with Jesus.

No comments: