This past Friday Justin and I celebrated our FIFTH anniversary. It's funny how we think and plan things for the future without really knowing what it will be like. (I do that a lot). I remember thinking before we got married what our life would be like 5 years down the road. Now, it just makes me laugh because NOTHING is like how I imagined it. I remember talking about how we didn't want to live in a BIG city and so far we have lived in TWO BIG cities. We wanted to own a house, re-do it and make it our style...well we owned a house and remodeled some of it but we moved a year into our remodeling projects. I remember thinking the people standing on our sides at our wedding were going to be the people our children grew up referring to as Aunt so-and-so or Uncle-so-and-so. Now, we are lucky to see some of them each year because we are scattered throughout this big state and all live busy lives. I remember everyone telling us we would be the first in our group to have kids, little did we all know we would be the last.
Things are different than I would have imagined back then, most certainly. But I don't regret a moment of this time. I love the adventures I have been able to share with him. I love that our life continually puts the planner in me back into the right place, clueless. I love that I have been able to support my husband as he pursues his dreams. I love that even though it hurts at times to be not be so "settled" that we just keep getting opportunities to make memories of us and I have someone who truly understands where we are at in life.
Right now, we live in an apartment. We are both in school and work. Our only child is our dog, Rylee. We have no clue where we will live when this school time ends. We are living a tent life and for now, where we are, despite how hard it is at times...we are okay with it, we are trusting, we are hoping, and we are leaning on our solid rock.
No comments:
Post a Comment