Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where YOU dwell. Psalm 43:3
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
unchanging, unshakeable
These are just two brief words that the Lord has been bringing back to me over and over again. God has just brought Justin and I to this place where we have no choice but to lean on His grace. To look to Him for guidance, to gage our joy on Him. I have realized how much I look for some sort of stability and I have done this since I was a child. A stable home, a best friend to count on, food to eat, clothes to make me feel good, whatever it is something habitual and stable. I have just realized lately how deep this ran and how I have tried to cover it up and run from the one stable thing I do have, Jesus. I didn't know how much security I felt I would get from something else. The Lord has been so gracious to show this to me now and to tenderly help me uncover all the things I cling to. I don't know if you guys have ever had to dig up something only to find that rock and concrete is below the dirt. This is how I have felt about this search with the Lord and my heart. He has brought in some dynamite on days to blow through my concrete and then help me pick it up and through it out. I will share more about this later, but for now just know that He WILL take care of you and love you tenderly when you reveal your deepest parts of your heart to Him. HE IS trustworthy, HE IS gentle, and HE knows hurt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ahh....good word, friend. i enjoyed reading this and being reminded of the steadfastness of our God.
Post a Comment