Friday, April 25, 2008

Rat race

Ever feel caught in the rat race? Do you get that feeling every now and then that the pressure of this world is tugging at every area of your life?
Justin and I have experienced that more than ever living here in Dallas. Everyone works fast, buys "stuff" all the time, and worth is placed so heavily on the "goods" you possess. Recently, we discovered that we have had to battle against this so much lately. We really have to beg the Lord to keep our eyes open to the traps and help us keep our heads up fixed on HIM. Life is just a mess for us right now, we are currently trying to sell our home in Lubbock, which has been an emotional roller coaster with the current tenants. One day they want it and the next they are not sure. Meanwhile we are fretting over what we should do. Then our lease is up here in June, do we stay in the apartment? Do we get a house? Where do we live? Should we move closer to our home group? Do we build more community? Ahh! Jobs, Justin is still waiting for a permanent offer with Boy Scouts, so we are constantly on the defense of him losing his job. I am in position limbo at my job, so everyday is a new challenge. So in all of this I have found myseelf searching more than ever for a constant! I want a plan, I want a permanent location, I want a permanent job title and just one at that, I want a stable group of friends and real community... listen to me... I want I want I want...all the while neglecting the one thing I need the Hope of Christ. Well, the Grace of God opened my eyes this week to my wonderous, whore of a heart and showed me that I am searching for stability in nothing that will offer stability. I am trying to get worth from things that will not give me worth.
I want so desperately to be found in Christ alone, to seek Him only..yet it is so difficult to live a daily life and do this. Why? I am begging the Lord for vision for each day where I am at now, because I know that I have to be faithful in the small things.

2 comments:

emily bee said...

let's move to africa where we can barter with like corn and chickens and not have to worry about money.

Anonymous said...

Hey Friend! I didn't know you had a bloggy, but now I do! And I have one too. It's really boring right now, but maybe something exciting will happen soon.