Sorry my posts have been sparatic lately..a lack of a working home computer, busy work schedule, and weird internet leads to random postings. I have been learning what it means to lean on the everlasting for every moment. To say I have been exhausted lately would be an understatement of the century. I have just been worn out, weary, and dazed at times by stress. My plead with God is to refresh my joy in Him and for that to be my source to survive each day. I really feel that I am in a place in life where literally I cannot do it on my own, which is good right? Comfortable no! I feel like a baby to even share that, but I know that stems deep down to my own pride to have it all together and to be the strong one. God has shown me just how much more He gets the honor when I am weak and honest about it. He has been so faithful to provide what I need for each day, whether it be encouragement from His word or a God fearing friend, a kick in the tail for my attitude, a reminder of His faithfulness, or just a gentle touch to the heart. It has been a great faith growing time for me, because at times I have honestly had nothing to say or even a way to put into words the burden on my heart...even in that time He provides what I need without me even knowing I would need it. In the piper book I read this quote and I have been reviewing it over and over "God calls us to pray and think and dream and plan and work not to be made much of but to make much of Him in every part of our lives". I want to make much of our Lord in EVERY aspect of my life. He is showing me what that means and that sometimes its in the hard times, often it is in the hard times. Our pastor shared the church 9 pastoral prayers last week and I have been thinking about the main one that the Lord is working on my heart. Recognize God placed us here at this time, in this place for His glory and specific purpose. Acts 17:26
For me this means:
*Trusting that God brought us to Dallas and has us here for a reason
*Being okay with the possibility of being in Dallas more than a year or two
*Taking every day at my job with purpose until God calls me to a new place
*The place I live does not make my purpose any different, I am here in this place at this time for a reason
*My heavy heart has a purpose
The second thing I have been chewing on is this, That I would have a taste for truth even during difficult times. Psalm 119:11
No comments:
Post a Comment