Monday, April 21, 2008

Fresh Air

The Lord has given me a fresh breath of air. I was able to spend quality time with friends this weekend whom I love and just felt uplifted to be outside enjoying the sunshine and God's creation. Last night I prayed God give me a desire to do what I do just one day this week and make getting up and going to work worth it. Well, he met me here with an encouraging word.

"Call to me in time of trouble. I will save you, and you will honor me" Psalm 50:15

This is the word I got this morning:
Want to worry less? Then pray more. Rather than look forward in fear, look upward in faith…
Regarding prayer, the Bible never blushes. Jesus taught people that “it was necessary for them to pray consistently and never quit. Luke 18:1. Paul told believers, “devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart” Colossians 4:2. James declared, “Are any among you suffering? They should keep on praying about it” James 5:13
Rather than worry about anything, “pray about everything” Everything? Diaper changes and dates? Business meeting and broken bathtubs? Procastinations and prognostications?
Pray about everything.

Simple, but I needed to remember this today. I needed to take a deep breath and call out to my Lord to rescue me. Was today AWESOME, NO...did I have a better time leaning on the King, YES.

No comments: