Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Road Map

I was driving today in Dallas, in a part of town that I do not venture to often. I was reading directions, trying to take the exact turns, look for signs and follow detours. I didn't know my designation, just the address and name of the building. I am excited to go and speak with a lady with this organization. So I am singing, finding bumps in the road (ugh ohh out loud because they were bigger than they looked), turning, weaving into one lane, and looking at the scenery on my journey. I got to the destination and realized. Wow, this drive was not that bad.. a little bumps here and there..some scary parts..over all nice scenery and trees. Then I was like..wow I noticed the trees. At that moment I realized, I do not treat my journey with Christ like this..instead I am so focused on the destination that I miss the smoothe road after the mile of bumps, I miss the blooming crapes, etc. I do not want to be taken from A to B with a path, I want to teleport.

Do you do this? How do we stop and enjoy the scenery in our spiritual journey? How do we love the things we learned from the bumps and cherish the times we are allowed on the smoothe road?

God has been speaking to me consistently about listening for turn by turn directions. I just want the final destination and the street view from google...not a turn by turn navigation. What if I know a better way (I feel inside)? What if I miss a turn because I wasn't listening? What if it takes longer than I want?

I am the Lord. There is NO other God. Isaiah 45:18
For my thoughts are not your thoughts. Neither are your ways my ways" Declares the Lord. Isaiah 55:8

May you trust in HIS unfailing Lordship in your life and be honest about the times that you do not.

1 comment:

emily bee said...

oh my gosh, i can so relate to this. not wanting to be taken from a to b but to teleport...genius, garrison....genius.