I think that this has been a resounding statement from the Lord to myself lately. I feel like every day I have "noticed"..by God's prompting something new and different that I need to pay attention to that I have not in the past.
Do you ever feel like you are just living your life like a robot? Not really living is it. Yet for me I found myself getting into that routine..thinking I am walking in Hope, yet I am walking like Hope is a faded memory. Forgetting to ask new questions? Praying prayers..but never doing anything to follow through? Being willing...but not active?
The Lord is just digging deep into my heart calling me to "pay attention." I know that it is not coincidence that the Lord says, "Be still and know that I am God."
Exodus 23:13 "Pay attention to all that I have said to you..."
Zechariah 1:4 Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets cried out, 'Thus says the LORD of hosts, Return from your evil ways and from your evil deeds.' But they did not hear or pay attention to me, declares the LORD.
These are the two verses that I just feel very strongly that the Lord is speaking to me. I am praying that the Lord would give me eyes to see, hears to hear, a heart that is softened, and obedience to respond to all he has for me this year and the years to come.
1 comment:
Solid word, way to bring it.
I'm back and blogging.
http://allenandlaura.wordpress.com
Post a Comment