Friday, February 13, 2009

All things new

Sorry sorry sorry for the MAJOR lack of posting lately. Life has been busy, even more than normal and I just have been in a bleh. God has been so faithful to meet with me, despite my lack of faithfulness and pursuit. God has been working and grinding at my heart, breaking down the walls that I have been working hard to keep up. In reading Matthew and Mark a consistent theme has been believing, an active belief not just words. In reading several stories of those who pursued the Lord with an active belief and how that changed their life, walk, and history... God has shown me just how unactive my belief has been lately. I have not asked for truth in my innermost parts, or if I have I did nothing to stay unveiled to receive and let this truth change me. All that to say, slowly but surely I have seen the effects of my lack of faith has had on myself and those around me. In recognizing this, it has been directly linked to my little prayer life. Knowing this for once has driven me to more action. Its been good, hard...really hard..but good.

In other news:
* Justin has heard good news from one of the schools he applied to and we will be going to Galveston for his interview at UTMB in March
*My bro and sis are now major teenagers (16 and 15)..ahhh!!
*Justin and I are going on an annivesary trip this weekend, YAH!! Justin is going to see the Alamo for the first in his life.
* Rylee turned 1 this week (like he is a kid)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you guys do have a lot going on. Good to see the Lord is speaking to powerful to your heart working with the things we try and control when it's really all in His control. Have fun this weekend on your trip!

Jason and Stephanie Trook said...

Happy Anniversary, Friends! We miss you!

emily bee said...

so, i JUST got a christmas card in the mail from you. how random!!! it went to my old address but took like 2 months to get to me. so crazy, huh??

also, austin is SO CLOSE!!!! come back and visit soon!

big XO.