Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Faith pleases God

Hebrews 11:6 "Without faith it is impossible to please Him."

I read in a devotional today this message and it just struck me. I am not pleasing to the Lord. I wonder and question the Lord on a regular basis. Not just wrestling questions, but annoyingly doubtful questions. "What did I do to cause you to question me so much?" Why do I all of a sudden feel this entitlement to goodness and answers? Am I treating my relationship with the Lord as if he will disappoint me? If AM I, then is He really truly satisfying to me?

In 1 Peter last week I was struck by the statement in the Word, "If you have indeed tasted the Lord is good." Have I indeed tasted? Why do I so quickly forget? How can I remember regularly? I see this as an overall struggle in my life. I am just a cynical person. I do not come by trust often or quickly, I question motivates, thoughts, and even friendship.

The bigger question is how do I get out of this rut. How do I push forward every day to grow in knowledge and in truth of the Lord? How do I stop questioning every little thing?

"Lord I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief." Mark 9:24 This is my prayer. Teach me to pursue you everyday God. Help me to have a faith that sustains and that is unwavering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss you guys! Did you have fun on your trip to the Alamo?