Sunday, May 10, 2009

Birthday...SURPRISE!!!



So..if you know me well.. you know that I am not good at letting people surprise me. I question, pay too much attention to detail, and bug when I suspect things are up. However, my wonderful husband and an amazing group of friends pulled off surprising me well. More than the typical "surprise! we are here".. but just the shower of love and covering of the Lord. I am just so thankful to the Lord right now for the type of people He has put into my life. It was so nice to hang out, talk, watch a movie, and all at the same time be encouraged in the Lord. Not to mention I cried like 5 times. My mom participated in a gift that Justin made me, a wall of scripture.. I put up a pic at the top, but I don't think you can see it clearly. It is really cool..basically he got verses from people I know and put them on this really pretty chain of cards and hung them up in our house. I was just so touched by the thought and deep meaning that so many of those scriptures have in my heart. The theme was movie night.. we had a popcorn machine, projector for the movie, movie concessions..it was all so well planned. Justin also made my grandmother's famous strawberry cake that I haven't had since my grandmother passed away, it was delicious! (Up at the top, we could seriously start a bakery with that recipe). It was a wonderful evening. I posted some pics from the party and some of the gifts I received. Jenny Valentine made me a shadow box of my favorite hymn, "Eye on the sparrow." Kim got me a bag of Brianna items (journal, fav pens, scrapbook, beth moore study on psalms, rita glasses, and polka dot note cards). Mom sent me a beautiful watch, exactly like I wanted even though she had no idea. May 14 isn't even here yet and I just feel so special!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, that is so sweet! Way to go Justin and everybody. Have a wonderful birthday week - miss you!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALMOST! What a sweet husband!!!!