Monday, June 1, 2009

A fresh coat of paint

Our house is FINALLY ready to sell. We no longer have renters. We were able to get to Lubbock this weekend and work work work. Justin and his brother, Travis put in waaaayyy too many hours in the heat this weekend to make sure our house was rockin' for the market. So all you Lubbockites, tell your friends there is a super awesome house for sell.

It did make me sad. This is our FIRST house, which we lived in less than we have been married now. We have spent a lot of time and financial investment to upgrade and remodel this home to make it more modern and attractive. It is just sad to walk away from all of it and know it will never be ours to live in again.

The other part of the house got me thinking about a new coat of paint. It is interesting how pretty and new the house looks with a new exterior coat of paint or two. Which made me think, how often we as people go in just for a coat of paint. (Not literally of course) It is so easy to put on a new coat and it is like new. But the key word is LIKE new. The house is still over 26 years old, the wood has still been there for a long time on the trim, and it will still be an older home..despite ALL the updates. It just made me think.. I myself settle too often for a new coat of paint. I don't go to God expecting or wanting a total make-over. I don't ask for him to gut all I have and make me new. I settle for what I can find, read, memorize...and hope that it makes me shiny long enough. Not intentionally, but because it is easier, faster, easier, easier, easier.

I am thankful of the reminder that He does indeed make all things new, but very aware that the MAKING part is not easy as pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just checked the date of this post and it sounds like y'all were in Lubbock the weekend we went to Austin for my brother's graduation? Did we miss you guys? Did y'all go to 9:30? So sad!