The phrase "the same lap" haunts me so. I remember years ago hearing a pastor speak about growing in the word, growing in likeness of Christ, and NOT running the same lap. I remember thinking, ugghhh "Why would you want to run the same lap?" It is so funny how hard and difficult it seems to ever be complacent or stop running after our Lord when you begin your walk. I remember thinking I won't ever run the same lap. Now here I am frustrated because I feel like that is where I am just running the same stinking lap. I KNOW in my head all the ways to step out and break free...and I KNOW in my heart it is only by God's grace that I can run the lap in the first place and only by HIS Grace to stop running the same lap now. However, I want to listen to the lie that there is nothing I can do...or no way to ever be good enough.. and so I just stop or worse keep doing the same thing that got me into that lap in the first place.
My prayer right now is that the Lord would take this wicked heart in me and make me WANT HIM. I don't want a program, a routine, a study, a quick fix... I want HIM. That He would make all things new in my heart...including a desire for Him and His word. I don't want to be stuck..I don't want to return to my vomit like a dog. I am praying the same thing for YOU today too.
2 comments:
What? Why? How did I not know that you were in Houston? What churches have y'all tried? What area of Houston are you living?
I tried Second Baptist Woodway Campus on Sunday and loved it. It's a huge church but it has the ministry I'm looking for (20's-young 30's working professionals). I'm sure it's where I'll be going!
I was struggling to desire God's Word also. I set a goal that I could measure (studying, not just reading the Word, 5 out of 7 days each week) and found someone to hold me accountable to that. It worked. Now I do it because I've tasted the difference again, not just because I know I'll be asked. It's made a huge difference. If you haven't already, maybe you could try something like that.
Post a Comment