I have come to the conclusion that it is a good thing to stroll down memory lane. When we look back, we can see some of the amazing things the Lord has done for us. We are able to see friendships that blossomed and grew deep roots. We are able to see what we have come from to become what we are today.
As Justin and I have been packing, it has been a sweet stroll down memory lane. I found letters written to me my freshman year of college from the ladies that had an influence on my spiritual growth during high school, very encouraging! We found a diary of my grandmother's with notes about our family. We found our dating scrapbook. We found our top 10 list from our wedding, read them and cried :) We found cards, letters, pictures from every season of life. It has been a good stroll down memory lane.
We are overwhelmed to think of how great the Lord has been to us. He has always given us people where He sends us. Now, that we are looking at moving to a new place with absolutely no people in area..it is a comforting thought to remember just how he has riched provided in the past. It reminds me of a scripture in Luke that talks about when you obey the Lord and leave your father and mother, sister and brother.. that he will give you 100 fold in this new place. We are walking in faith of that promise.
I encourage you today, even if you are not moving.. take a stroll down memory lane and you will see that the Lord has been good to you..even when you weren't paying attention!!
1 comment:
Hey Brianna and Justin!
I haven't talked to you guys in forever, but thank you for encouraging me to take a stroll down memory lane! I read some of your blogs and they encourage me! :) You guys will forever hold a special place in my heart! I pray the Lord does provide for you! We serve one amazing God! :)
Love you guys!!
~Casey
Post a Comment