I think our problem, well at least mine, is that I forgot who God is most of the time. Not like He is God..but what that means, who HIS character is. I mean when you describe a spouse, best friend, or someone close..you use their character words. I don't think we relish in God's character enough. We settle for He is God and that's enough, which it is. But in a LOVE relationship, you need those character words to stir your affection, your delight, your respect, and to remind you of your place.
God has been so sweetly faithful to remind me of HIS character words in the past couple of weeks. He is my comforter. IF He is indeed my comforter, then I should be safe to share every emotion with him right? If he is my comforter, he cares about my woes, joys, desires, scares...right? Oka so this makes a difference in my intimacy with him, because I remember I have the freedom and desire to share all of those things with someone who wants to know.
He is my protector. I can be safe in his arms. He will not sleep or slumber. So just like Elijah told the people that worshiped Baal.."go ahead and call on your "god" but he may be sleeping, relieving himself, or busy"...but my God "never sleeps nor slumbers". I have been reminded that I am protected under the cover of a God that never sleeps or slumbers during His watch. I can trust that He is there every step.
He is my keeper. He knows all and sees all. He cares about my going out and coming in. That means every step of the way, He has it. The maker of heaven and earth, is MY keeper. I mean talk about an awesome resume.
So..all that to say. He has used the reminder of His character to make sure I know and remember it is okay, needed, and safe to be vulnerable with him at all times. If you have a hard time being vulnerable with the Lord, open up his word...flip through the psalms to see just how honest and raw David is with the Lord.. and see how sweet the Lord is to him. Look at his character and you will be reminded that He is the person to be vulnerable with, it is worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment