Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Boundaries, Trust, Passion..life for me right now!

This week has been FULL of prayers and emotions. I had my orientation for school on saturday and for the first time really felt like some of my history and gifts are going to be used! I loved being in a place where I felt like (oh THIS is why the Lord made my personality this way) and that I was fulfilling part of the role He created me to be. In fact, I was teary-eyed on the way home in thankfulness to see the reasons for some of that and to have hope to make a difference for His people here on earth.

I had a good talk with my mom about boundaries with people that hurt us and I realized that I hadn't set those with my dad yet. I hadn't said to myself what it looked like to forgive, but not to regive trust that wasn't due. So, I prayed with the Lord and did some research.. and today I wrote the letter. I feel excited. I feel empowered. I feel relieved. I think I have struggled for a long time with what does it look like to forgive the way the Lord Calls us to forgive and still protect ourselves. To not be put in danger or my future family in danger. Everyone always says forgive.. but no one ever talks about living. So, today I made my stand.

I pray you are free. Remember our God takes you into spacious places, rescues you.. because He delights in you. Psalm 18:19

No comments: