Thursday, September 3, 2009

What is our part?

So, as most of you know I am in a graduate program for social work. I am also working for a company through the graduate college of social work, Nobel Women's Initiative. My thought process lately has just been on one thing: Our job as humans and as Christian people. How can we sit back comfortably while others suffer? What is our part in creating change?

I mean even Jesus said we are to take care of the poor, oppressed, widows, and orphans. Does that mean just in our circle or our family? Or on a more global scope?

I do know that there are MANY believers that lay down their own pursuits and serve in the US and abroad. I know that there are many believers that support those that do this work. But what about where we are at. There is poverty and oppression all around us. In our church even. (Gasp, I know!) If we just open our eyes, we would be overwhelmed by those around us that are suffering. Those we would expect and many that we would not expect.

I just can't shake it. We need to be active in being a voice. Why do we wait for the professionals or law makers? Why do we sit by and go day by day and do nothing?

I know I am just processing a lot because I am being made aware of a lot. Check into it. Pick a people group and BE A VOICE!

No comments: