I have been frustrated to say the least with our church search here. It has been a wide variety of disappointment from "seeker" sensitive, no bible using church, no community, etc. It is a drain to go out each week with hopes of finding a home, a refuge from the bruises of the world and to come home more beat up. I am shocked at the amount of performance that is in our churches today, lights, fog, random movies that have nothing to do with Jesus, songs that have nothing to do with Jesus, sermons that have nothing to do with Jesus, stories just for the sake of talking....I mean it is just overwhelming. But what hurts more is that 100's and 1000's of people go to these places content every week. Content to not be challenged. Content NOT to hear the gospel. Content not to sing of Jesus. Content to not have any sort of community. And pastors that are not preaching the gospel, why did you go into ministry? Did you forget the love that called you there? Did you forget the burning passion to see people saved? Are you not fearful of their souls?
My basis always is if I bring a lost person here am I confident that they will hear the gospel.. in the music...in the teaching.. in the prayers. I don't care how it is packaged.. I don't care what the building looks like.. I really don't care if you use fog, lights, and movies...if they show the gospel then bring it. But more times than not...it is just for the sake of presenting. Yah we talk about Jesus, we read his word...but do we even know what we are hearing. Do we even know what to do with that? Do we know why it is a problem?
I am tired...I am sure you can see.. I am hurting for this place... I want people to hear the gospel.. I need it preached into my life daily...I need community to call me out on the rug, to make me uncomfortable in my sin... to make me love the Jesus would love.
I am praying for God to send that kind of church here in Houston. Yah it is the stupid bible belt..but you know what... it is hurting for God fearing... Gospel preaching.. Gospel singing people. Do you need to plant a church? I got 4 members ready to go and help! hahaha
1 comment:
Hey girl. I go to Second Baptist. They have 5 different campuses and I know one of them is in Pearland. I absolutely love the Woodway campus (where I go) but I know it would be quite a hike for you. They preach biblical, Jesus filled truth that hits you to your core. I can't say what the Pearland campus is like but it might be worth checking out!
Post a Comment