Well as most of you know or have read our transition to Houston has been full of ups and downs! This week feels like maybe that up and down was put into fast forward mode. I believe we have found a church, approaching that hesitantly now because we are still gathering information about their small groups. But yah!!! Justin and I are in the full swing of graduate school now (tests, projects, papers, late nights, early mornings, etc). This week I just had a wave of overwhelming sadness hit my heart and it was so heavy. I called to those here that I know for prayer, reviewed some scriptures, and put on some peace giving music while at work...but it wouldn't leave. I know that I was being prayed for and lifted up. It still didn't fix or answer my heart's cry...surprise! Well, this morning it was like God said...let it go. I felt it in my heart, I pleaded and pushed it aside. I checked my email, several new emails and several very special encouragement notes. Thanks Lord. Get in the car and hear this woman on the Christian radio station sharing about how a song affected her, curious now...but didn't get to hear the song. Lucky for me, my commute is not short...so the next hour they played it again. It just HIT me like a brick. I am sharing the lyrics with you today because who knows..it may meet your exact need...because it did mine. Did it answer my question? No... but it calmed my heart and reminded me of what a great and mighty loving God we serve.
Your Hands
BY KATIE HERZIG, JJ AND DAVID HELLER
I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn’t there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That you would take my pain away
You would take my pain away
I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crooked lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands
When you walked upon the earth
You healed the broken, lost and hurt
I know you hate to see me cry
One day you will set all things right
Yeah, one day you will set all things right
When my world is shaking, heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave your hands
Your hands that shaped the world;Are holding me
They hold me still
Be Blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment