Friday, June 18, 2010

He knows our need

This week just seems to be full of reminders that God is my strong tower and that he loves me. Seems basic, maybe it is. I have been overwhelmed with God's graciousness to remind me that He cares about my heart, my hurts, my fears, and HE ALREADY knows my needs in those areas.

In several ways this week the Lord provided reminders of that truth. I am thankful for the way he pursues our hearts amidst our ugliness and during our deepest need. He never approaches without compassion, he doesn't guilt us or blame us or shame us, he has our best in mind... and this week I needed a GOD sized reminder of that truth.

I was reading Matthew 6 and I just cried at His goodness. Vs 8 says our Father knows what we need before we ask Him. He knows what I need, better than I do. Then he goes on to show us how to pray and reminds us just how much he knows our needs. I mean in your face "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them." Then he goes on to say "Are you not of greater value than these?" Do I BELIEVE that truth?

30But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32Forthe Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

God knows your need. He knows all that you need to sustained and he provides. He has shown this to me in the most intimate way this week. He has provided encouragement for my heart, peace for my worries, and strength to endure. Share your need with Him, He will provide His way for your greater good.

Robbie Seay has a great song that just hits this Matthew 6 passage home called Your love is strong. Here is a part of the lyrics, may they encourage and remind you of our BIG God.

The kingdom of the heavens Is now advancing
Invade my heart Invade this broken town
The kingdom of the heavens Is buried treasure
Would you sell yourself
To buy the one you've found
Two things you told me
That you are strong And you love me

No comments: