Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Country Music Inspiration

Apparently, when I tune the dial on the radio to a country station it is a learning opportunity these days. Hehe. In all seriousness, I have been thinking on this passage in Mark 10 "Peter began to say to him, "See, we have left everything and followed you." Jesus said, "Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first."

This passage always makes me think of my sweet friend Angela, who has for many years used this passage to encourage me. Then as I sat in our church listening to this passage...I couldn't help but think of the new family has given us. Justin and I have had a very rough six months and despite all the junk we have been through and all our emotions in it, he has given us family. We have had two of the very best friends people could ask for here to open their home, wallet, time, hearts, ears, etc to love on us and be with us among the junk. Not only have they been there, but their families have stepped in to help us and encourage us. We have had the sweet opportunity to have a friend live with us who was graciously willing to help me get to and from school, push me around at school, and to encourage us. We have friends from school and churches help us move when it would have been Justin alone with 3 flights of stairs. We have old friends that have persistently pursued us when we were dry and weary to open up, be real.

This past week, I was really battling lies and feeling misunderstood, alone, worthless. I didn't even see what God was doing, but he was building a great case. I had very specific moments with people I consider very dear, that reminded me through them that he is listening and he is completely active in our lives (even if we ignore it or miss it). Last week was full to the brim each day of frienship, love, and encouragement to one could hardly miss the sweet romance from God above saying I give graciously to you my child and I know your every need. It sounds fluffy on the outside and really I am okay with that, because it was exactly what I needed on the inside. The defrost has begun on this cold heart.

It is hard not to think about friendships lost when you think about how wonderful the blessing of friendship is. Which is my country inspiration for today:

You find out who you're friends are
Somebody's gonna drop everything
Run out and crank up their car
Hit the gas get there fast
Never stop to think 'what's in it for me' or 'it's way too far'
They just show on up with their big old heart
You find out who you're friends are

Thank you to all of you who have been a drop of love in cup, beyond anything a girl could ask for is the beauty that lies in the relationships he has provided.

No comments: