Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Application

It has been a busy semester for us. I mean more busy than we expected and definitely exhausting. I only have 50 days left until I graduate from the MSW program, which both excites me and terrifies me. With graduation pending all of those steps to begin my social work career are also pending. Then the biggest concern is a JOB. EEEeeeekkkk! I get nervous thinking about where I will work, what will be available, and the timing. I notice during times like these that I just become an anxious control freak about all the details in my life. My time becomes crazy managed and I just WASTE a lot of time stressing over the unknowns. I have been reminded lately while reflecting on my anxiousness and behaviors that I KNOW God has a plan. I know He has lead me to this point. I know that I have been a faithful steward of this educational opportunity. I know that I have worked hard during school to learn about my professional, to take internships that will challenge me and build my skills, and that I am a hard worker. Despite all the truths and logic surrounding the situation, I still walk and think like I don't know a single one. I still fear failing the licensing exam like I haven't been reading and doing my work and studying the material. I still freeze in fear thinking about not being qualified for jobs that I want. UGH. I just wish that stupid part of my heart and brain would take a vacation for the next 50 days. There is ENOUGH pressure without my adding to it. I want to take the truths that I know about God and the truths I know about the situation and walk in them. APPLICATION!

No comments: