Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Garrison Update in 90 seconds

So, I dropped off the face of the blogging and Internet world for a while. Mostly due to the complete lack of extra time or energy.

I am official a MASTER :) I passed my LMSW exam, so I have a license to prove I am a master :) AND I started my first full time job as an LMSW. It has been a whirlwind. Oh and just to keep things crazy, we moved in the middle of all of that :)

I am working at MD Anderson Cancer Center and as strange as it sounds I love it. I love working in the medical field, it is a great atmosphere. I love being at a teaching hospital because learning opportunities are always available. And I love working with families affected by this terrible disease. No I don't love cancer, I hate it. However, I have a firm belief that God sends us in to others lives at the best time to minister to their hearts. It is exactly that for me. Yes, it is exhausting. Yes, it is sad. Yes, it is hard work. BUT it is so rewarding and I feel ALIVE.

Justin started his clinical rotations last week, yah almost the time for him to be a MASTER too. lol. He started in the county adult ER, which is INSANELY B-U-S-Y. His first week he had five 12 HOUR shifts, and 4 of them were nights. So needless to say, I didn't see him but about 15 minutes each day total until Saturday. I am sooooo THANKFUL that is not his permanent schedule. He is doing well, learning a ton, and enjoying it.

So that is the 90 second update. I should be into a real life schedule now, so hopefully it won't be 2.5 months before you hear from me again.

No comments: