Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where YOU dwell. Psalm 43:3
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Seasons change
Well, not so much in Houston...but in Life. I know it has been a while since I wrote on this thing. Part of my break was intended to allow me to focus on my new job and everything it entails. The other part was really to settle down with God and surrender some of things going on in my heart. I think part of me knew too that I just didn't have anything edifying to say-my heart was and has been in a tough place. Through time away and reflection, I came to realize that this blog for me is just about my journey with the Lord-which means being real about where I am, real about my struggles, real about my joys, etc. BUT I also think that I need to be honest about allowing God to enter into all of those things and I haven't been the best at that. I put up my building blocks one by one and built this amazing protective layer around my heart. I have joked a lot with people in person about having a "black heart" and I think part of me knows that has been mildly true. So, here's to continued vulnerability, growth, and breaking down those walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always appreciate your transparency in your writings. Everytime I read a post, it makes me miss you and remember the wonderful memories we made in Dallas together! I've walked through dark seasons...one of which I think I'm just now emerging from over the course of the past two years...and I get it. One thing that always holds me up is knowing we serve an amazing God who not only walks with us through darker seasons...but that He is leading us through them! Love, Jenny
Post a Comment