I am thankful for my church community. J and I have been able to get plugged in a bit more this year and it has been great. We have had the opportunity to co-lead an amazing group and see God pick a random group of individuals to grow in Christ-likeness together. Pretty Cool. I am praying that we dig deeper this year and really see God move.
I am super thankful for my sweet husband. He is such a servant. He isn't the loud one, he may even be quite shy...but he is a perfect match for me. He teaches me more and more about being gentle, being loving and patient, he teaches me about putting others first, and more about what is really important. I just love him and everyday I am so thankful that God put us together.
I am thankful for old friends. You know the kind you have history with and you can pick up at any time with a convo or a prayer request or a life update. Those kind. I am sad to admit I don't have a ton, but the ones I do have...I am super thankful for them. I planned a special visit in 2012 to visit one of them even, yipee!!
Speaking of old friends, who doesn't appreciate the technology to let us stay in touch. You know the good ole tele, or text message, or blog stalk, or FACETIME/SKYPE. Umm I love me some facetime/skype. In fact earlier this month J and I got to talk to a friend getting ready to propose and with the beauty of facetime, I got to see the ring and see the excitement on his face. It was awesome. I love technology and this year I am thankful for the way it has helped me stay in touch and connected with those far far away.
This year has been a really good year with my family. I feel like I have grown closer to my mom more than ever. I had the chance to see my family a little bit more than usual, yah! It has been a good year. God has been answering some prayers there that began several years back.
I am thankful for graduating with my masters and starting my job at MD Anderson. I love my job. I love my co-workers. I love the organization. I don't love cancer, don't get me wrong there. However, I do love that everyone is on the same page about the mission and the patient. It is a hard job, but one that is worth it.
Every time I think about living in Htown and the hard things about it, I also think how lucky J and I that we have another couple here with us in the same place. We met them at church and in our homegroup in Dallas, and we were so lucky that they came to Htown with us. Since they are doing to whole grad school couple thing too, it has really given us people to pour our hearts out to that understand. I can't imagine life without them and I am so thankful we have them here.
And yes, I am even thankful for the really hard moments this year that stretched us more than I thought we could handle. I am not thankful for the circumstance or events, but I am thankful that our God is bigger than and more faithful than those rough patches could ever be. I am learning these moments are pushing me to a greater trust with my God and greater vulnerability.
So cheers to 2011 and here's to hoping and asking for 2012 to full of growth, love, peace, and fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment