Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rant for the ladies

Long break...but here I am. Tonight I read an article a friend posted on the good ole Facebook. Just for full disclosure, I read a lot of mom blogs and such because I long to be a mom someday and figure the knowledge won't hurt. But what I am finding lately is that words do hurt and insensitivity does hurt. I'll admit this topic is near and dear to me, so most of what I want to share is purely my flawed human experience....but I also know others who have experienced this same hurt. Ok....my thought is don't make your preference a theology that I need to live by. If you want to have 4,6,8 kids- great. But don't judge me or shame me because I don't. If you had kids as soon as you got married-awesome. But don't judge me or shame me because I didn't. If you decide to stay at home with your kids- don't judge or shame me or anyone else because they aren't. The first part of this is in most situations, you don't know the other persons circumstances. They may not be able to have one kid, much less 8. Even more than that, can we not see that the Lord may have a great place for that person in a workplace. All too often we see this inclusion of the women in the church that fit the mold. They have kids young, they stay at home, and they have built in community. So we schedule all women's bible teaching during the day. We schedule socials revolving around children's milestones. We write blogs and articles to encourage one group and not the other. We praise one and say great job, go mom. And we shame the other by default. I think being a mom period deserves encouragement, ministering, community, recognition, and understanding. Whether you stay at home and work tirelessly there or you balance work and motherhood. I say to you: you are lovely. You are worthy of more thanks and recognition than you'll ever get. You are doing great. You are making a difference in this world and in your home. You are able to bring God glory and honor where you are today. For those longing to be a mom or to be a stay at home mom. I pray God provides a way. I pray that he sustains your heart now. I pray you find your satisfaction and worth in him alone. May we all take a quick sec to think about all the types of women that cross our paths and seek to build them up.

No comments: