Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I am 30!

If you would have asked me 6 months ago if I was excited about 30- I may have said "yes" hesitantly or flat our told you "no." I am thankful that God has done a restorative work on my heart in the past 6 months. I am hopeful for this decade. I am excited to see what God has in store. I am expectant to see him work and continue to make this heart new.

My hesitations have been wrapped up what I feel like the Texas Christian culture says I should be at 30. God didn't place those expectations on me and He knows the desires of our hearts. He will clean and purify our hearts. He will provide as He deems fit for our good.

My prayer is that I will trust him, not just for things but to be who he says he is. My prayer is that in this decade I will want to be more like he calls me to be, than what my culture and this world says I should be.

No comments: