Thursday, July 10, 2008

Daily Faith

I have been thinking about daily faith lately. We have this unshakeable salvation faith, but how is our daily faith? The faith that sustains death, lost jobs, transition, change, break ups, whatever the circumstance. What about the faith that keeps us in the word, that draws us to the heart of the Lord? Do we realize how easy it is to pull away? Intimacy is hard, it takes work, and it is not a bed of roses. Yet, we treat our relationship with the Almighty like it doesn't need attention. A call for help, a desperate plea, but not an everlasting ongoing love relationship. I am the first to say I am guilty. Pin it up, nail it down..whatever you need to do..I suck at daily faith. What I have realized lately is that we also suck at spurring others onto to daily faith. When they struggle, we don't want to impose..as IF bringing someone back on track is BAD for them. We don't want to hurt our relationship, we don't want to miss out on the fun, whatever the excuse. I am typically the person that could care less...call it like it is, tell it like it is, write it like it is..you ask. But I didn't...twice this summer distinctly. I hate myself for it.. in a very real who was I kind of way. I have realized that when the Lord is teaching us, we should share. When we fail, we should share. When we are struggling, we should ask for help and be honest about where we are at. When we feel like something is up with a situation, we should pray fervently for the Lord's intervention, share his truth, and speak up. I read this quote today from Andy Stanley and it hit me in the right place. "Prayer is critical to vision development. Prayer keeps the burden fresh. It keeps our eyes and hearts in an expectant mode. Prayer doesn't force God's hand. But it keeps us on the lookout for his intervention. Prayer sensitizes us to subtle changes in the landscape of our circumstances. When He begins to move, we are apt to recognize it." I want to live in daily faith, God help me to be honest, vulnerable, and open before you. Thank you for the friends I have in my life that are honest about their walk with the Lord and that are open to the mutual encouragement.

1 comment:

Birdwells said...

Great Blog! I love reading your posts and seeing your heart. Beautiful.

It's funny because Tim and I were just talking about that. We know each over intimately because we are husband and wife, but we deeply desire to know God this way. Intimately, knowing his very heart and sharing this love with other people because that is what we do with each other. Sometimes we can't stop talking about each other.

Thanks for stirring my heart with this truth and desire.

Hugs!!