I once was fatherless, a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me,
Awakened me, from my sleep
Your love it beckons deeply
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come
And take this life, take your life.
Sin has lost it's power,
death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen
VICTORIOUSLY!
Into marvelous light I'm running
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross
you are the truth
You are the life
you are the way!
My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!
This song has been in my head "randomly" for the past couple of months. I say randomly because I did not know the work the Lord was doing in my heart at the time. I have been struggling with this overwhelming pit of shame and defeat about my past whether choices I made or things done to me. It has been confusing time because based on the world's view I am justified in my thoughts, but God's word clearly states otherwise. So, it has pushed me away from truth of the word and from restoration of every area. God is still definitely working on this and I am sure you will hear more about it as I journey with Him. I just wanted to share these lyrics that really draw me to the Lord. My prayer is to live in the last verse.. for my dead heart to beat and to be completely free. I say live, not understand, or comprehend with my head...but know with my heart and life.
1 comment:
I'm sorry you're dealing with junk from the past. You aren't alone. This last week was pretty rough for me-also trying to cling to the cross of forgiveness instead of self-induced punishment & guilt.
Who sings this song? Is it on iTunes?
Post a Comment