A long time ago before my husband had that title, he was my boyfriend. Hehe remember those days. Well, we spent the summer before we were engaged apart. Not like I am here and you are down the street. I was in another country without any kind of communication access. Our group sent a weekly update email and each member got about 5 lines to update whoever was on their email list. Ok to make a long story short.... the middle of that summer, I had realized how much I had learned about God's love through my "boyfriend." Cliche-whatever. SERIOUSLY. He loved me through some really hard dark times in my life. He loved me when I wouldn't let him and didn't want to be loved. He loved me through my complete distrust in love because of an awful divorce my parents were going through at the time. He loved me when I was rude to him. He was always gracious. He always understood that I was in a process. He prayed for me when I was angry, He prayed for me when I couldn't find my way, He prayed for me when I hurt. I couldn't understand it, so I didn't trust it. I felt like it was fake, no one could love someone like that. *I am NOT saying he is perfect and loves perfect like Jesus, but I do think God knew that his examples of love would lead me to the cross.*
So, mid summer-God did. He smacked me with a flood of those memories and said "If you think that is LOVE, that is just a scratch on how I love you." I wept. I got it. Plain and simple, God loves me unconditionally, irrevocably, all the time...He loves me. I am so thankful for God showing me that and so thankful for God giving J the heart and patience to be a part of that lesson.
Now, 6 years later...we are married and He is still showing me God's love. This Halloween was a downer, just a big reminder that we don't have kids and may not be able to have kiddos of our own. I was worried about how the night would be. J planned ahead and made a dinner reservation for us. He took me out on a nice romantic date on a Monday night after a long day at work with a mother load of school work left to do. Because He loves me. Because He wanted to remind me that no matter what is going on, he is my partner and he is there with me. He loves me a heap.
My heart is so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment