Sometimes God is just plain out crazy when it comes to his timing and plans. I mean seriously! As you have read this week, I am not exactly the woman that is shining God's light...at least I don't feel that way.
There are two things that you need to know about me for this post to make sense. I love my Jesus, I do..even when I am whiney, bitter, upset, confused, whatever.. I love Him. That love makes me unbelievably passionate and a go getter for TRUTH! Second thing is discipleship. Maybe I love it because it changed me FOREVER. Maybe I love it because God commands it. Maybe I love it because I love people. Either way, those two things are very dear to my heart. I know you are thinking, umm I read your blog are you sure?!? haha. I can't even describe to you the way God stirs my heart through discipleship.
Since we have left lubbock, a while now :( We have not had as much of an opportunity to be involved in discipleship. We had a brief stint in Dallas and were starting to get plugged into it again as God wisked us away to Houston. I have had this ache in my heart to share truth, challenge and be challenged, and to walk with others in the word.
Well last semester I was frustrated with my graduate studies and confused on what to do with these dual passions, serving the community I live in by practical means and church ministry. I battled do I quit my MSW training and go to Seminary, or what. I applied to Seminary last November or December. It has been a long process, and Yesterday I got in (well still working on a technical issue, so nothing official). Obviously I did not quit my MSW training, so I will complete it in one year. So now what?
Well I feel that I will always be involved in ministry some how, shape, or form... you read my number 1 and 2. So, I think the training is important and I also have seen this year by being open to those around me, I can bring my two worlds together. So, I started genuinely praying in January for this opportunity. God give me an opportunity for your kingdom, God let me reach the students on campus, God use me...pour me out.
He is beginning to open doors, like everywhere. He is making me bold with love and bold with a desire to share His work. Today I was able to meet with a beloved colleague of mine to begin discipling her, walking with her in truth. I admit I was and am scared to death, but I haven't felt this alive in a while. It has made me so hungry for the word and so hungry for his presence. Tonight I will meet with two women from our church, starting a new discipleship group. And as if God hasn't already done so much, he has opened the door to lead a bible study with some women in the MSW program.
I am praying that I will be faithful when doors open and that God would be honored in whatever happens. How is God pulling you to himself? What are you praying for God to do with you right now?
1 comment:
Praise God, sister!!! Thanks so much for sharing everything that is happening this week. It is ALWAYS encouraging to hear the Lord working in peoples lives!!
Post a Comment