If you have read Monday and Tuesdays post then you will totally get this, if not read those first! I typed yesterday out of the depths of where I am with the Lord and I prayed last night for a glimpse of His work in all this mess of life. Now, before I SAY anything I want to be clear that I DO NOT think that God has to do anything for us, like a sign or even answer our prayers the way we ask, BUT sometimes He does.
I had a night of extremely vivid dreams, some random and one that was really important. I was writing a note to someone (wish I knew who and I would write it now) and I wrote this scripture from Jeremiah. Huh, weird. Nothing much to the dream, aside from weird setting with a desk I have never seen.
I woke up this morning feeling heavy still with my own worry about some situations and just a heavy heart to be released of the dark cloud so I could be a light at school. I prayed on my way to school and listened to some good "get your heart in the right place" music. Then as I was walking to my office, in the dark, I remembered that dream. Why, did I have dream this, who is this person. I was so focused on what I could do with this information that I was missing a big part of this scripture. What I mean is I wasn't thinking on the context of the scripture, but the details. Sound familiar?!
I got into the office and I was like well I will look up the verse to see if it would remind me of a person to share it with, umm hello. Are any of you this slow? I read it and just about cried. Jeremiah 31:25 I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Will you Lord, refresh me today? Will you satisfy this faint saint?
He did with that word, because those scriptures I have been reading, finally made it from my head to my heart. NOT that anything in my circumstance changed really, but my heart was changing. I told my small group tuesday night, I just want God to take the info in my head and break the stone in my heart.
I got a beautiful glimpse of how involved God is in my circumstance and how much he cares for me. I am definitely still praying for intervention, I am praying for Joy (still struggling with this picture), but I feel lifted today.
To top it off, it seems like God used the most random of people to encourage me with his word today. I am thankful for times like that when God hears our cries and responds so tenderly. He loved on me today, through his truth and his people. How beautiful!
3 comments:
Ahh, Brianna! I am so sorry things have been so rough lately. However, what an awsome picture of Jesus giving you a glimpse at how He often works in our lives! You asked for it, and you got it! As for the joy issue, I know this is not an answer, but Merediths middle name is Joy. Is it always easy-peasy with her? Uh, nope. Is she a constant source of joy in our lives? Absolutely. That is just a personal opinion about our Joy. Love you, miss you, and praying for you!
How beautiful and how true - when the Lord touches your heart!!!
Hey Brianna. I just discovered your blog today and was so thankful to get a glimpse of your heart in the midst of your struggle for joy. I am praying for you today - that you would rest in the Lord and he would strengthen your weary soul today.
Post a Comment