In Two Weeks Justin and I will have finished out our first year in grad school, crazy huh? We both have summer school, so no break in sight. It is crazy to think about where we are now and where we were just a short year ago. We couldn't have imagined what it would be like to be in school again, to live in a new place, and to go with so many answers unknown.
Here we are at the other end of that stick, questions answered and new unknown answers. God has been so faithful to us this year. Even in our struggle, frustration, and doubt He has been faithful to be who He is to us all the time.
I am clinging to those memories of God right now. Trying to focus on How big He always is and How unaware I usually am of His work in my situations and surroundings. It always reminds me of the father in Mark who says "I believe Lord, help me overcome my unbelief."
That's my prayer in our current situation, I believe you Lord... please help me overcome my unbelief. When Justin and I were married, the song we walked out to once it was all official was "The Lord has done great things for us." Indeed He has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.
That joy is still what I am pondering, because in all honesty we don't have much on the outside to be joyful about right now, but I am praying that we would be rooted and established in His love for us and that would be our joy.
"Thus says the Lord to you, Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, the battle is not yours but God's" 2 Chron 20:15-This verse was sent to me this week and this is exactly what is keeping us afloat.
1 comment:
Your post hits so close to home. I have really struggled with a circumstance and realize that God will not allow me to grow until I allow Him to overcome my fear of that circumstance. Fear was revealed to me by His truth in the physical realm just two days ago. I guess He thought it would be easier for me to understand if I saw it from a natural occurence.
While mowing the grass, I came upon a snake. I am pretty much fair game on any creature on this earth but I dreadfully fear the serpent. Each time I came back around to the area where I originally saw the snake, I started to walk timidly. I could not concentrate on mowing. I was looking everywhere but strait ahead. I casually made the thought, "OK Lord, why must this snake be around me today?"
Before my mind finished the thought, he revealed his truth. Fear paralyzes/cripples/immobilizes/incapacitates/disarms us to the point which we can no longer focus our attention on God's promises. Fear says, "I will trust my earthly circumstance and will disregard God's promises."
I pray you will overcome your fear(s). I pray all believers will overcome their fears. Fear has no place in God's Kingdom, yet I still seem to be waiting for break through.
Post a Comment