So last year I asked for a sewing machine, but I have yet to really use it to make or create anything. In my defense, I broke my leg shortly afterwards and life just got insane. I was thinking the other day, how I usually label myself as an uncreative type. When I cook, I am not the woman who messes with recipes or makes up recipes (usually). I am follow the directions to a T and make sure measurements are exact. So at times, creative things are hard for me because it is this whole system that is just about doing and letting go and trying. I have tried painting with my very creative husband and he just laughs because I am so worried about lines and it looking right that I don't just enjoy the creative time. However, there is a huge part of my heart and wiring that is creative...I am just too worried I will fail to admit it. I love music, I am sure you can tell by now. I love to scrapbook, even though I rarely do it. I have a great imagination for design, color pairing, etc. I just get scared...so I don't do it.
This year I WANT to work harder at forcing myself to take time to be creative. Some of that means things that come naturally to me, like writing and reading...instead of watching TV. Other things like cooking creatively, sewing, and painting...scare me, but I want to push myself. I know deep down it will be much easier when I just do it and stop thinking about it.
So it is out there, the truth that I am scared...but willing. Hopefully on here, you will get to see some of my adventures and attempts at being more creative.
No comments:
Post a Comment