Sunday, January 16, 2011

No Gloom

I have been reading in Isaiah with a friend and first I would tell you, such a good book to start out the year reading. Isaiah is full of Hope, Grace, reminders of our need for God, etc. I read in Isaiah 7 vs 4 Do not let your heart grow faint. Over the past few days, it seems like that statement has just kept creeping into my heart and thought process. It has such powerful reminders and yet it so simple. Our temptation is as humans to get weary, to tire out, to run to what is easy (even if it is wrong). We want to call the shots because it seems at the time, easier that way. We want well laid out plans, because hiccups and unpredictable events are hard. We want no pain, no sorrow, no trials...we want it all free and now. Well I do. Maybe not always out loud, but inside I do.

When you see tough situations for others, I think why does it have to be this way? Isn't there any other option in your book? Couldn't it be easier? When I see the world at war and no sign of peace, I think can't you just fix it? Simplistic thinking, I know...but I am being honest. In chapter 9 of Isaiah He starts out with there will be NO Gloom. Gosh that sounds nice right about now.

Then I think and remember, He has promised us that indeed. There will be a day with no tears, with no suffering, with peace that never ends. It will happen, so in the meantime we can not let our hearts grow faint. We must continue to Hope in the Lord. We must continue to Wait for Him. To fill our hearts with his truth. To turn to Him when we feel weary and run down and frustrated, because it will happen (He says that too.) So I am encouraging you to not let your heart grow weary. I am reminding myself to not let my heart grow weary. May He fill us up and rush the day when there is NO Gloom!

No comments: